Coburg, province of Ontario, Canada

The following images are all copyright free.

Cobourg (pop. 18,500) is a town in the Canadian province of Ontario, located in Southern Ontario 95 km east of Toronto. It is the largest town in Northumberland County. It is located along Highway 401 (exits 472 and 474) To the south Cobourg borders Lake Ontario, while to the north, east and west, it is surrounded by Hamilton Township.

The settlements that make up today's Cobourg were founded by United Empire Loyalists in 1798. By the 1830s Cobourg had become a regional centre, much due to its fine harbour on Lake Ontario. Standing at the heart of the downtown is Victoria Hall, a building that now serves as the town hall, as well as home of the Art Gallery of Northumberland, the Cobourg Concert Hall, and an Old Bailey-style courtroom that is now used as the Council chamber. Victoria Hall was designed by architect Kivas Tully. The landmark is known for its impressive stone work. Charles T. Thomas, a master stone carver from Wales, executed the fine stone carvings. Victoria Hall was officially opened in 1860 by the Prince of Wales.

Victoria Hall, designed by architect Kivas Tully.

Victoria Hall

Victoria Hall

King Street, Coburg's Main Street

King Street retail businesses

Storefront on King Street

Storefront on King Street

Architecture detail on King Street

King street

King Street

Former train station

The harbour front